Uniprint 8.1 Print Server Revision 60
This update addresses known problems with Uniprint 8.1. Installing the update is mandatory for all users.
Before You Start
- This hot-fix should only be applied to installations using Uniprint Suite 8.1.
- To fully resolve the issues addressed in this update,
Uniprint 8.1 LPD Server Revision 40 and Database Revision 57 must be
installed at the same time.
The update affects the Pharos Print Server, and should be applied to all Print Server machines.
To apply the update:
- On each Print Server machine, stop the Pharos Print Server service.
- Copy the PServer.exe executable to the Pharos\bin
directory, overwriting the existing file. For Cluster Servers this
must be done on both Nodes. Make sure that the version number of the
updated file is 8.1.5293.60.
- Restart the Pharos Print Server service.
The application of this update constitutes acceptance of the
conditions specified in your license agreement. To view the license
agreement, please refer to the license.rtf file on your Pharos CD.
This update addresses the following issues:
- Under certain conditions in Cluster environments, the Package
Builder would fail with the following error message: " *** Warning ***
Failed to build. Can not find source file: " Note: while the Print
Server can now correctly access the driver files on Windows 2008,
drivers must still be installed on both the Nodes and the Cluster
- In rare circumstances, DNS resolution issues could cause the Print Server to hang while starting up.
- When using Enterprise Secure Release Here, when selecting a job at a
Release Station it was possible to have incorrect color or mono pricing
displayed for jobs sent to Compatible Queues.
- When using Enterprise Secure Release Here, attempting to delete
jobs sent to Compatible Queues at a Release Station would fail with the
following error message displayed: "The print job is already being
printed or deleted. Please refresh the view."
- When using Enterprise Secure Release Here, attempting to release a job from a Compatible Queue on a remote server would occasionally cause the connection between server and station to be closed, or an error message to be displayed: "The print job is already
being printed or deleted. Please refresh the view."
- When using Enterprise Secure Release Here, all a user's jobs would
be displayed at a Release Station even if submitted to an unrelated
In addition, the update includes previously released fixes for the following issues:
- Spool files for released print jobs would occasionally
remain indefinitely in the Windows spool directory after restarting the
Print Server, or performing a Change Control.
- When submitting and releasing a large number of print jobs
in a short period of time, some new print jobs would be ignored by
Uniprint until after restarting the Print Server, or performing a Change
- Under some conditions, it was possible to release a print
job from a release station before accepting the job cost in a cost
- Some error conditions would prevent the Print Server from correctly updating its internal list of print jobs.
- Idle connections to the Print Server would sometimes be
automatically closed by certain kinds of network hardware (e.g. “smart”
or “managed” switches), causing a slow buildup of inactive network
connections on the Print Server machine.
- Timeouts for executable plug-ins (e.g. the Pharos Page Counter) did not generate suitable alerts.
- When listing a combination of color and mono jobs at release
stations, jobs would sometimes be displayed with incorrect job costs.
- When calculating job costs, the Print Server would take into
account some attributes (e.g. Collate and Staple) that should have been
ignored unless they were specifically included in a Job Cost Method. As
a result, the Print Server would use the Default Per Page Cost when
encountering these attributes, instead of using the appropriate cost
from the Job Cost Method.
- When displaying a Cost Information balloon or a Cost
Acceptance dialog for a Held Queue, the cost displayed would not always
match the actual job cost. This also affected the job cost listed for
held jobs in Pharos Remote. Note that users were still charged the
correct amount when printing: The problem only affected the cost
displayed before printing.
- When using the Color Limiting feature without the Popup
Client installed on workstations, users without color permissions could
sometimes release a color job by logging into a release station
immediately after submitting the job.
Copyright © 2010 Pharos Systems International