Uniprint 8.1 SignUp Client Revision 85
This update addresses known problems with the 8.1 SignUp Client. Installing the update is mandatory for all SignUp users.
Before You Start
- This hot-fix should only be applied to installations using the SignUp Uniprint Suite 8.1.
The update affects the SignUp Client, and should be applied to all SignUp Client machines.
To apply the update:
- On each SignUp Client machine:
- Run the supplied SignUpclientInstaller.exe executable.
- The version number of the installer file is 8.1.5293.85.
- Restart the SignUp Client machine.
The application of this update constitutes acceptance of the
conditions specified in your license agreement. To view the license
agreement, please refer to the license.rtf file on your Pharos CD.
This update addresses the following issues:
- On Windows Vista and Windows 7, configured Logon and Password prompts were ignored by the SignUp Client.
- On Windows Vista and Windows 7, a long Welcome message would not be correctly displayed.
- On Windows 7, the default Domain may not be correctly offered on the logon screen, due to the domain list being sorted alphabetically.
- On Windows XP, under certain conditions, the SignUp client could experience a failure resulting in a bluescreen crash.
- Outside of Access Times, the Librarian logon screen could not be invoked.
- Block Reservation sessions were subject to Inactivity Timeout. After the application of this hot fix, the Inactivity Timeout is ignored for sessions governed by a Block Reservation.
In addition, this update includes previously released SignUp Client fixes for the following issues:
- When using the SignUp Client together with the Popup Client on Windows Vista or Windows 7, the Popup Client was not be able to pick up the name of the currently logged in user from the SignUp Client. As a result, an incorrect username would be associated with any print jobs submitted from the machine.
- On Windows Vista and Windows 7, the Startup Notices feature of SignUp would not correctly display very long messages.
Copyright © 2011 Pharos Systems International